Jahreslosung 2013

Google+
Jahreslosung 2013
Wir haben hier keine bleibende Stadt, sondern die zukünftige suchen wir. (Hebräer 13, 14)

Sonntag, 4. August 2013

Where are we going?

With this post I would like interrupt shortly my series of the signs who genuine faith neither prove nor disprove. This time I will tell what I have seen during my holiday in Majorca and why it made me very sad and thoughtful.

It's not, that me the vacation had not fallen. No I find this is a very beautiful island.  I also had repeated opportunities to read at the beach in my favourite book, the Bible. But it was God's will that I should consciously perceive something quite different.

Like many of my friends and readers know, it was a gift from God, that my wife and I were able to afford this vacation ever. But there was only enough for a two star hotel in El Areal. That in my opinion this hotel does not deserve this two star, does not matter here, because I am to God infinitely grateful that we this holiday have had abroad.

Of course, such a hotel just only visit from people, who are not doing so well financially. During my stay, there were some young families from Russia and many, many young people from Germany, Austria, Holland and England. With these young people aged around 16-23 years, now the Story begins, what wanted God, to make aware me.

To the first, I want to say that I like young people, since they are our future.  However, I have learned, in the eight days in Mallorca the favourite pastimes in holiday of young people and that it was what makes me sad, but also very thoughtful. For about 90% of young people from this hotel, the favourite pastimes in holiday was alcohol, party, sex, and Randal!

Every day the same routine: On seven o clock in the morning they went to bed. Against two o clock in the afternoon they went to the beach, only to drink from a bucket full of alcoholic beverages through a straw. Six o clock in the evening, ​​fast back to the hotel to shower and get out on the road, of course, again with plenty of alcohol in their luggage. Finally, against ten o clock in the evening quickly attracted the evening clothing and down to the next party.

I saw many girls under twenty years, clothed with t-shirts, printed with requests for sexual favours. Also I saw, Scuffles between young boys. Damaged cars - street lights - outdoor dining equipment - and hotel room doors. Every morning very much broken glass on the streets, and workers who worked from seven o clock in the morning, to remove this garbage from the streets. One morning I also saw that a drunk young girl (about 16 years old) was in the hotel lobby, to sleep off their intoxication with bared genitalia at sofa.
I think it's bad enough that this all did not bother anyone. On the contrary, there is even a line of business, of the young people on the beaches of Majorca, sell the various party’s at very high prices. Yes, with the price for such a party certainly could a family cover their livelihood for one week!

After God recognize me so aware gave all this things, I imagine me now a lot of questions!
Where moves humanity? Who has the young people learned these values? How these young people have been educated? Is it necessary to be shown in today's movies and media alcohol, drugs, sex and violence to the last detail and even glorified? Why do young girls make themselves to be sex objects? And many more.
I remember a time when I was a child and teenager, we had to obey our parents. If I disobeyed once, I was beaten of my parents, as their final consequence. Disobedience in school was punished with blows of teachers, as their final consequence. Today, however, it is so that parents and teachers which use corporal punishment, will be displayed for assault! It will totally forget that God Himself has commanded the corporal punishment for disobedience. I can still remember me very well on a religious education, in which a classmate of mine asked the teacher, whether his parents do not love him, because he was never punished. This episode therefore stuck in my memory because this fellow was involved in a heavy robbery with 21 years!
It seems to me that many people have simply forgotten that God also is a punishing God. The modern image of God has been so distorted, that no one more really fears God.

One of the results, of this not more be afraid of God, has made me aware our youth during my holiday in Majorca. God led the people of Sodom and Gomorrah severely punished. But I think these people would be shocked, about the favourite pastimes in holiday of today's youth. But our modern society accepted it and believes it is good.
I think that the time has come to rethink again the modern bringing up children.


The proverbs of Solomon son of David, king of Israel: for attaining wisdom and discipline; for understanding words of insight; for acquiring a disciplined and prudent life, doing what is right and just and fair; for giving prudence to the simple, knowledge and discretion to the young— let the wise listen and add to their learning, and let the discerning get guidance— for understanding proverbs and parables, the sayings and riddles of the wise. The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and discipline. (Proverbs 1, 1-7)


My son, do not forget my teaching, but keep my commands in your heart, for they will prolong your life many years and bring you prosperity. Let love and faithfulness never leave you; bind them around your neck, write them on the tablet of your heart. Then you will win favor and a good name in the sight of God and man. Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight. Do not be wise in your own eyes; fear the Lord and shun evil. This will bring health to your body and nourishment to your bones. Honor the Lord with your wealth, with the first fruits of all your crops; then your barns will be filled to overflowing, and your vats will brim over with new wine. My son, do not despise the Lord’s discipline and do not resent his rebuke, because the Lord disciplines those he loves, as a father the son he delights in. (Proverbs 3, 1-12)



Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen