Jahreslosung 2013

Google+
Jahreslosung 2013
Wir haben hier keine bleibende Stadt, sondern die zukünftige suchen wir. (Hebräer 13, 14)

Donnerstag, 11. Juli 2013

Thinking about visible morality



According to some doctrines is the visible morality one of the visible signs which genuine faith neither prove nor disprove. Someone who has true faith in himself, will also have a visible morality.
But what is morality? In Wikipedia I found the following Definition: "The term morality refers to the conformity of thought and action to the moral law, that is accepted by the majority of the people of a community rules. In everyday usage, it describes the requirement that social rules, so to preserve the morals and decency. In philosophy, morality involves orientation to the rules of morality or universal values ​​of the good or righteous." (http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sittlichkeit)
For someone of Jesus Christ as his Lord recognizes, is morality a human behavior, for which the man himself decides. It is a behavior that arises from his freedom and is based on the commandments and laws of God.
An illustrative example given by Jesus Christ in Matthew 19, 16-21: Now a man came up to Jesus and asked, “Teacher, what good thing must I do to get eternal life?”  “Why do you ask me about what is good?” Jesus replied. “There is only One who is good. If you want to enter life, obey the commandments.”  “Which ones?” the man inquired. Jesus replied, “ ‘Do not murder, do not commit adultery, do not steal, do not give false testimony, honor your father and mother,’a and ‘love your neighbor as yourself.”  “All these I have kept,” the young man said. “What do I still lack?”  Jesus answered, “If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.”
The accepted rules from Jesus Christ for who want to have fellowship with him, are the commandments and laws of God. Thus everyone would who believes in Jesus Christ as the Son of God and our Saviour, on their own convictions behave as well as Jesus Christ demands it in the given example. Out of conviction, because indeed his own thinking is aligned to the laws and commandments of God.
Now you check yourself and be honest with you. Do you lack of visible morality? Then you are still away from the real faith yet. In this case, you can find the true faith in the Bible and prayer with security. Assuming of course that this is your will.
Since this is by far not the only point about the nature of true, saving faith, I will publish in the coming days and weeks in my blog gradually my thoughts on all these points.

The Lord bless you and keep you. He make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you. He lift up his countenance upon you and give you peace. Shalom

O Lord, I call to you; come quickly to me. Hear my voice when I call to you.  May my prayer be set before you like incense; may the lifting up of my hands be like the evening sacrifice.  Set a guard over my mouth, O Lord; keep watch over the door of my lips.  Let not my heart be drawn to what is evil, to take part in wicked deeds with men who are evildoers; let me not eat of their delicacies.  Let a righteous mana strike me—it is a kindness; let him rebuke me—it is oil on my head. My head will not refuse it. Yet my prayer is ever against the deeds of evildoers;  their rulers will be thrown down from the cliffs, and the wicked will learn that my words were well spoken.  They will say, “As one plows and breaks up the earth, so our bones have been scattered at the mouth of the grave.b”  But my eyes are fixed on you, O Sovereign Lord; in you I take refuge—do not give me over to death. Keep me from the snares they have laid for me, from the traps set by evildoers.  Let the wicked fall into their own nets, while I pass by in safety. Amen!
(Psalm 141,1-10)



Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen