Jahreslosung 2013

Google+
Jahreslosung 2013
Wir haben hier keine bleibende Stadt, sondern die zukünftige suchen wir. (Hebräer 13, 14)

Montag, 29. Juli 2013

Thinking about knowledge of sin

Knowledge of sin is the fifth point of the signs that genuine faith is neither prove nor disprove.

The knowledge of sin alone may actually not be used as evidence to prove or disprove genuine faith. To recognize the sin does not necessarily means that you regret this, do penance and leave sin. A nice example gives us the Apostle Luke in Acts 24, 25: "As Paul discoursed on righteousness, self-control and the judgment to come, Felix was afraid and said, “That’s enough for now! You may leave. When I find it convenient, I will send for you."

Yes, there are people who through the Word of God  know their sin exactly, but they love this bad habit so much that they does not want to leave this sin. It is not so long ago, because such people were taken into church discipline. But today we live dangerous  if we just mention that there is the possibility of church discipline. The poor sinner who says, he wants to leave his sin,  but he can not make it, is cared for and comforted in many parishes,  while even if it was the Apostle Paul personally; everyone who speaks of church discipline and explains if you really and heartily do penance,   you leave also the sin. However any that have the true faith, is the Holy Spirit to the side and helps.

But everyone itself should think about that, and conduct research in the Word of God. It must be remembered that the will of God has eternal validity and you should also know, that a wrong decision leads to the loss of Eternity.

On this subject, the apostle Paul wrote in Romans 6, 16: "Don’t you know that when you offer yourselves to someone to obey him as slaves, you are slaves to the one whom you obey—whether you are slaves to sin, which leads to death, or to obedience, which leads to righteousness?"

The Bible tells us in many places that the sacrifice of Jesus Christ is not a carte blanche to remain in sin. If you confess him your sins, they repent from your heart and doing penitence in tears, he will be graciously to you. Or as Jesus himself often emphasizes: "Your sins are forgave, now go and sin no more!"

Remember also, if you have genuine faith, then you will hate sin as God hates sin.


O Lord, do not rebuke me in your anger or discipline me in your wrath. For your arrows have pierced me, and your hand has come down upon me. Because of your wrath there is no health in my body; my bones have no soundness because of my sin. My guilt has overwhelmed me like a burden too heavy to bear. My wounds fester and are loathsome because of my sinful folly. I am bowed down and brought very low; all day long I go about mourning. My back is filled with searing pain; there is no health in my body. I am feeble and utterly crushed; I groan in anguish of heart. All my longings lie open before you, O Lord; my sighing is not hidden from you. My heart pounds, my strength fails me; even the light has gone from my eyes. My friends and companions avoid me because of my wounds; my neighbors stay far away. Those who seek my life set their traps, those who would harm me talk of my ruin; all day long they plot deception. I am like a deaf man, who cannot hear, like a mute, who cannot open his mouth; I have become like a man who does not hear, whose mouth can offer no reply. I wait for you, O Lord; you will answer, O Lord my God. For I said, “Do not let them gloat or exalt themselves over me when my foot slips.” For I am about to fall, and my pain is ever with me. I confess my iniquity; I am troubled by my sin. Many are those who are my vigorous enemies; those who hate me without reason are numerous. Those who repay my good with evil slander me when I pursue what is good. O Lord, do not forsake me; be not far from me, O my God. Come quickly to help me, O Lord my Savior. Amen

(Psalm 38,1-22)



Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen